Are you experiencing cost overruns, bugs, and other issues in your software development project? In software development, the abilities of your software developers and the process or guidelines you follow play a significant role. It is, therefore, necessary to conduct agile training with your team to facilitate development and avoid issues.
What is Agile Software Development?
The Agile methodology in software development advocates the use of adaptive planning, incremental delivery, continuous planning, teamwork, and continual learning. It involves the creation of a minimum viable product (MVP) for immediate launch in the market. The software will be continuously improved based on the feedback from the customer/s and ideas from the team members.
There are several frameworks under the Agile movement. These frameworks advocate continuous collaboration, interaction, short cycles, and business value delivery.
- Lean – This framework aims to enhance processes, minimize waste, and bolster creativity and innovation.
- Scrum – Under this framework, a cross-functional team collaborates to resolve complex challenges while continuously delivering high-value products to customers.
- Dynamic Systems Development Method – This framework focuses on time management and quality product development. It utilizes the MoSCoW prioritization approach (Must have, Should have, Could have, Won’t have).
- Kanban – It is a highly-visual process flow management approach that focuses on continuous delivery.
- Extreme programming – This framework advocates a disciplined system of designing quality software quickly and continuously. It promotes close coordination between the developers and customers.
- Crystal – This approach focuses on communication, skills, talents, interaction, community, and people in software development.
- Feature Driven Development – This framework employs best practices to deliver working software on schedule. It adopts the concept of ‘just enough design initially’ (JEDI).
Practical Benefits of Agile Methodology in Software Development
Software developers adopt the Agile method in their projects due to its many benefits. To better improve your team’s proficiency, they must undergo agile training regularly. Here are some benefits of adopting the Agile process in your software development project:
- It promotes transparency between your company and your customers. Under Agile, your customers participate in every aspect of development. Thus, they are aware of how the project is progressing.
- It involves the clients in the entire process, thus, encouraging deeper engagement and collaboration. It also allows your team to understand the idea or vision of your customers better.
- You can manage your cost better as you will be calculating it on a phase-to-phase basis. You can also organize the schedule of your team appropriately.
- You can develop and deliver new software features quickly and frequently through the use of a fixed-schedule time box.
- You can implement changes in a shorter time as new or revised backlog items can be scheduled in the next iteration. Agile encourages the refinement and reprioritization of the total project backlogs in every stage or iteration.
- It enables your team to deliver the highest business value to your customers by allowing them to decide on what features will be the priority.
- It encourages high-quality cooperation, development, and testing by advancing the project in manageable phases.
- You can deliver the needs of the users better by getting their feedback after each beta testing.
Agile training is a valuable tool in software development. By adopting the methodology, you can deliver a higher degree of satisfaction to your customers.