Ready to learn how to do keyword research for your Blog, YouTube channel or to drive leads and sales? We’re ready to help.
Below you’ll find a quick and easy 3 step process to do keyword research and grow your traffic!
1. Outline the topic in a word document
By creating an outline you’ll be able to see where you might go with the page. There could be questions and answers, you may have a bullet list, or even a how to section. By knowing this before you use a keyword tool you’ll be able to save time later.
2. Use a keyword traffic estimator tool
You can use Google’s Keyword Planner which is free, but it takes forever to discover the right keywords and doesn’t offer as many ways to expand your content. That is why we recommend SEMrush.
SEMrush automatically finds the keywords and their search volume, then they group them for you into different niches. You may even discover keywords for your PPC campaigns that you had not thought of yet.
If you click my link here, you’ll get a free trial as well! Once you have filled out the quick form, go to the “Keyword Magic Tool”.
3. Begin incorporating the relevant keywords
Now that you have your keywords and outline, begin choosing which versions belong in the article and which should be used elsewhere. You’ll want to incorporate the keywords into your:
- Title tag
- Image alt tags and descriptions
- Header tags
- And your text
Just make sure you don’t overdo it with the specific phrases as this creates a bad experience for both your users and the search engines. There is no magic number of words or density, so go with what sounds natural and provides a clear explanation of the topic.
And that is how you can do keyword research to grow your website traffic in three easy steps.
* This post contains affiliate link(s). An affiliate link is allowed to generate advertising or referral fee for us if you purchase a product or service through that link without any extra fee for your end. Really appreciate your support for engaging with our affiliate campaigns.