You’ve passionately opened an e-commerce store thinking how smoothly it’s going to sail, but months have passed and there’s still no progress on your store. Why is that?
No business can sail without its engine, which is ‘advertising’ in this case. Without marketing your eCommerce store there will be no traffic, which means zero customers.
On the other hand, without any marketing strategy, you won’t get the expected traffic no matter what tactics you use.
Hence why, we’ve formulated a guide on how to advertise your eCommerce store, which you’ll find right in this article. Follow these steps and you’ll soon be achieving more than you expect!
What is eCommerce?
Imagine being able to buy and sell all kinds of products or services on an electronic platform through the internet. This exact platform is eCommerce, where you can transmit all your data or funds and sell or buy with one click.
Nearly every existing product or service is available on an e-commerce platform. It’s also one of the highest segment platforms to run businesses and give services. Once you gather enough traffic in one of your eCommerce stores, the customers and cash just keep flowing.
However, without advertising, it can get tricky to gather niche customers, which can wreak havoc on the new business store owners. Hence, following a marketing strategy is a must if you want to thrive in the eCommerce platform as a store owner.
Is eCommerce Profitable?
Amidst all the hype and games, yes, e-commerce can give you quite the profit if you play the game smartly. Online marketing has increased drastically quite a bit from 2020 with almost a 22% sales increase.
The pandemic accelerated this action among people of all age groups, which increased sales up to 45%. However, even though sales increased in recent years, eCommerce is not profitable unless you market your channels.
Advertising your eCommerce store can bring your sales up to more than 75% and again decrease it up to 15% if you spam too much and irritate your customers. Therefore, there’s a subtle silver lining to advertising, which if you follow will get you your desired profit.
How to Advertise eCommerce Businesses
Smart advertising techniques can boost your store up in the market. Some of the key points you should always follow are-
Market Your Contents
Be it a product selling shop or services, it’s always important to market the contents of the type of goods you’re selling in your store. Do it by-
- Sorting out your main goals
- Outlining the details, designs, and structure of your store’s online presence.
- Preplan a content advertising strategy
- Create an online presence through blogs or websites.
- Plan collaboration with brands that have an online presence
- Post reviews and experiences of your previous customers.
These can be a great way to advertise your eCommerce store and attract traffic.
Optimize Quality SEO Strategies
SEO optimization is the universal formula for attracting traffic to any online store. That’s because it focuses on improving your online store’s ranks on Google. As a result, organic traffic generates and attracts new customers at a faster pace.
Not to mention, SEO optimization is extremely cost-effective and takes your niche product to its niche customers. You can use SEO tools that can increase your store’s sale’s up to almost 25%.
Here are some of the SEO strategies you can follow:
- Do outstanding keyword research (Only SEO experts can perform it, if you don’t know how to do it, it’s better to hire someone.)
- Conduct competitor research. See what the competitors have in store and how they’re setting up their SEO strategies and plan something better.
- Don’t compromise on the content. Content is arguably the most important aspect of any website. And with the release of Google’s helpful content update content is taking the center stage.
- Hire genuine writers with expertise in different niches who can write for the readers and not for the search engine.
- Try making your site friendly for users to review. The more user engagement you have the better it is.
- Spread your online presence on social networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok and share your eCommerce website on them to convert traffic back to your site.
Try Google ads
Google is the giant platform that can get you exactly what you need if you feed it well. Through google shopping ads, you can achieve this goal as it broadcasts your store’s products on its shopping results page. It also-
- Helps your store get standard ads with a pay-per-click advertised facility.
- Brings massive niche consumers through the customer’s product searches on the Google search engine.
- Offers buy on Google feature, which attracts customers as they can transact easily through this program.
Expand through Facebook ads
The use of social media can jolt up your traffic as almost 60% of the population are always active on these platforms. Facebook ads are a great way to advertise your store as-
- It retargets customers and showcases your store as a suggestion
- Helps populate lists of targeted audiences that associate with Facebook ads
- Always broadcasts your store’s products to the type of consumers that were previously interested in them.
Hence, always try out the Facebook ads regimen if you want a greater marketing channel.
Reach out to Greater Audience through TikTok ads
Be it, teenagers or adults, almost all people of all ages have an online presence on TikTok. It’s also a great platform to advertise businesses. Paid ads in Tik Tok can draw in potential customers that are looking for the products sold in your eCommerce store.
TikTok ads are always prevalent add demographic data and have an easier strategy and planning that actively help bring people to your store.
Attract New Audience Through Influencers
Influencers are the type of roadway that not only creates trust between brands but also within consumers. Thousands of buyers look up to them for reviews and experiences of the brands or shops they associate with.
A healthy partnership with influencers can help boost your online presence drastically on social media and create a sense of curiosity in new consumers– helping your store get a new portion of the audience.
Why is Online eCommerce Important?
The benefits that come along with online eCommerce are inevitable. In the current economic state, you can’t expect your store to grow without creating an online presence. It’s essential because-
- Promotes your business globally
- Reduces cost
- Drives in traffic
- Expand the range of products and your business
- Establish friendships with big brands through partnerships.
- Improve your whole business
If you follow even some of the tactics mentioned above, you’ll do wonders with your eCommerce store. Your online store can fail miserably if you don’t know how to properly advertise your eCommerce store. Hence, dig deeper into the e-commerce platform and reach above following these simple tactics.
Along with the above-mentioned tactics, drop shipping can also boost your business. To learn more you can check out how to create a profitable profitable dropshipping store. Implement these strategies and your store will be on your desired lengths!