Valuable Tips on Receiving Your NIF in Portugal
Is NIF a reason for your worries? Stop this and read this article. You will be pleased to learn that you may receive NIF without any issues at all. What you need is to follow the instructions carefully, and you will be perfectly fine! Let’s see what has to be done and what you should expect things to look like.
Tip 1: Do Not Hurry
If you do not feel peace and comfort, it is hard to anticipate that everything will go smoothly. That is why the first thing you need to do is to sit and calm down. There is a clear sequence of actions you need to take and it is the best you can do to help yourself.
Tip 2: Start with Making Sure You Have all the Documents That Have to Be Presented
It is impossible to complete the process of receiving NIF if you do not have the documents that have to be enclosed or suggested to the authorities. This is what you need to get ready:
- Proof of ID. It is really easy! It means that you should present your ID card or passport. If you intend to request NIF online, you will need to make the scans too;
- Statement of residence. It may be a utility bill or a rental contract. Pick the document that seems to be the most suitable in your case. And again, the scan is about to be necessary if the procedure will be completed online.
That’s it. You do not have to make a lot of effort at this step, right?
Tip 3: Decide Where and How You Will Get Your NIF
Take a look at what is explained below to receive an overall idea of what is meant here.
- It is you who goes to the local office and interacts with the representative there. It is not hard but it requires spending time. You may figure out where the closest office of the kind is located and head there when you are ready.
- You order NIF online using the government portal.
- You ask people who know how to do things faster to help you. It means that you are about to get your NIF online Portugal. In other words, you will be dealing with the intermediary and not much effort will be required from you.
- If you are currently abroad, you can also ask the lawyer to complete the process on your behalf.
Well, you need to consider all four options and decide which one seems to be the most appropriate for you. When you try to stick to something in particular, feel free to think about how much time you have, what sum of money you are okay to spend, and how long you are ready to wait until you get your NIF. Based on this, it will not be that hard to choose a certain option that will satisfy you in the end.
Tip 4: Ask for a Piece of Advice or Consult Experts if You Have Some Questions
What if it is really hard to make a decision speaking of how you will get your NIF? You may ask your friends or relatives to express their opinions. It may be rather helpful. At the same time, those views have to be argumentative enough.
If you want to order the service of receiving NIF online but have some doubts about this, ask the intermediary you plan to deal with about what worries you. Those facing reliable providers will be able to get answers to what is troubling them quickly and in a polite form.
Tip 5: Make a Final Decision and Start to Act
It doesn’t really matter what option you are about to select because in the end, you will be able to savor the result you planned to get which is having NIF. The only difference you might be facing is how much time and money you will spend on everything.
When the decision is made you need to request NIF. The matter is that it is better not to postpone it as long as NIF (having or not having it) influences the quality of your life in Portugal. What does it mean?
- Without NIF, you are not going to be able to sign a contract with the mobile operator or connect to the Internet in the place you live;
- NIF tends to be necessary when you intend to open a business in Portugal or establish a bank account;
- If you want to rent or get a property, your NIF also has to be presented.
And sure, NIF is vital in order to be able to pay taxes. If you do not do this, you may have problems with the Portuguese authorities as long as it is the responsibility of the Portuguese citizens to pay taxes on time and do it honestly.
Tip 6: Think about Using the Help of the Intermediaries
Why is it a nice option? This allows people to save a lot of time, and, in the end, you will receive your NIF faster than compared to the regular visit to the office.
Naturally, you will have to pay extra money but you are going to be charged because you value convenience and appreciate the free time you have. That is why it is a nice idea to consider such an option. The only matter you need to take care of is choosing a fine intermediary that will not add problems to your life.
Study several reviews about a certain provider, and take a look at the site of the provider. These are the best ways to check the trustworthiness and efficiency of the intermediary.
Hope that now you are well aware of all the peculiarities linked to having and receiving NIF in Portugal. And, if you feel confident about everything, you may expect to complete the procedure on time and without any major issues!