Air Conditioner Repair
There are many things that you should know about AC repair in New Albany, Ohio. These things will help to keep your AC working correctly and keep you safe. They will help you with the maintenance of your system so that it will last longer.
There are many places where you can get maintenance on your air conditioner. You can search the internet for New Albany, OH ac repair and find the right company for you. Make sure that you read the reviews to make sure that you find a reliable company.
This article will help you to learn more about air conditioning repair. It will give you some tips so that you will be able to maintain your AC better. You can also do more research to get the information that you need.
Things to Know
- Fire Hazards – If you fail to maintain your equipment properly, it can lead to fire hazards. The National Fire Protection Association says that the major cause of fires in homes is the air conditioner:https://www.firerescue1.com/nfpa/. This includes components of the unit including fans, electrical parts, and other parts of the AC.
- Health Issues – You need to maintain your unit to prevent health issues. You need to hire a professional to clean your ductwork to make sure that there is nothing that will cause allergies to act up. You also need to make sure that there is no mold growing in the ducts – a professional can take care of this issue, as well.
- Leaky Ducts – Leaky ducts can cause you to lose about 40% of your air. These need to be fixed so that you can save energy and money. Make sure that the outside ducts are taken care of, too.
There is a spray that you can put on your outside ducts that will take care of any leaks there. The ducts that are inside your home should be taken care of by a professional so that the job is done correctly. You could do it yourself, it just wouldn’t be as efficient as it would be if you had a professional do it for you.
- Clean the Coils – You need to make sure that you clean the coils on your air conditioner on a regular basis. You don’t want to clean them by touching them, there is a spray that can be used to do this. See here to learn how to clean them properly. The coils help to create the condensation for cooling, so you don’t want them filled with dust.
- Buying a New Unit – If you have repaired your air conditioner and it still doesn’t work, it may be time to buy a new unit. When you are looking for a new AC, check the EER, or Energy Efficiency Rating. This will tell you how energy efficient the new AC is.
When buying your new air conditioner, make sure that you get one that is the proper size for your home. If it is too small, it will work harder to keep your home cool and could fail sooner. If it is too large, you will be wasting energy.
- Increased Efficiency – To increase the efficiency of your AC, there are a few things that you can do around the home. You can make sure that your home is fully insulated and that the windows and doors seal completely. You can also add energy efficient roof materials and add sun blocking curtains to your home.
- Ventilation – You need proper ventilation in your home to help increase efficiency, as well. This will also keep contaminants out and keep your home healthier. This level of ventilation should be such that it refreshes the air in your home every four hours.
- Condensers – Make sure that your condensers – the part of the unit on the outside of your home – has at least a foot of clearance on all sides. You don’t want trees or bushes nearby that can interfere with your air intake. To protect them from direct sunlight, try to put them on the north or south side of your home.
- Timers – Add timers to your AC so that they are not running all the time. Set the timer so that the AC is set at a higher temperature when you are away from home and lower when you are at home. This will help to save energy while keeping your home comfortable.
- Filters – You need to always have clean filters on your unit. This means that you should replace your filter at least twice per year, more if you live in an area where there is more dirt flowing through it such as a dirt road.
There are many things that you can do to make sure that your AC will last you longer and keep you safer. Regular maintenance will help you to prevent chances of fire and will keep contaminants out of your home. It will also help your unit to work more efficiently and save you money and energy.