Digital marketing is one of those terms that you know is important, but you don’t truly understand it. Nevertheless, digital marketing is not just worthwhile if you own any business with an online presence; it is vital to its success. But what is it, and how can it help?
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the practice of using digital technologies, such as the Internet, Web sites, computers, and mobile applications, to promote brands, products, and services to existing and potential customers. The term covers marketing strategies that use digital technology to create value for customers. That’s the simple explanation, and according to the marketing specialists over at Blaze Media, each company is unique and typically needs bespoke solutions to achieve expected results. Nevertheless, no matter how you engage in online marketing, one thing is sure if executed correctly; your brand will gain visibility, you will attract more potential customers and ultimately convert them into paying customers.
How Can Digital Marketing Help To Grow A Business?
While the end game of any campaign is to increase revenue, there are various aspects to digital marketing that will get you there. What are the main techniques used by online marketers today?
Having a great website is more than just looking good; it must also convert. Essentially you want to turn as many visitors to your website into customers; otherwise, the website will cost you money rather than making it. It must be fast enough to satisfy consumers’ short attention spans and compelling enough to make your brand stand out from the crowd.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
For businesses just starting online, SEO can seem like a fast-flowing river of molten lava. You can see the other side and the fortunes it can bring, but you are unaware of how to cross. Nonetheless, SEO doesn’t need to be as complicated as many people make out, but it has to be done correctly. The end game is to be the first result on search engines for various queries relating to your business. SEO can be broken down into:
- On-page SEO: This relates to your site’s content and includes concepts like content marketing using keywords to bring in traffic from a search engine.
- Technical SEO: This involves several issues, but it’s essentially how fast a website is, how it’s laid out, and if it has any problems that make it challenging to navigate by users and search engines.
- Off-page SEO: The final part of the puzzle is to let search engines know that you are a legitimate business. This is often from acquiring backlinks from other authoritative websites. A good example might be getting mentioned in a high-quality news outlet in a story relevant to your business.
Now that social media has become pervasive in most people’s everyday lives, ignoring it is like cutting a tree down with one hand tied behind your back. You can use various social media channels to:
- Grow brand awareness.
- Communicate directly with your customers.
- Inform about upcoming products.
- You can get a traffic boost from advertising.
- Improves brand loyalty.
- You can often be more creative than you could with a website alone.
Digital marketing encompasses a lot more than the information written here, but the key takeaway is that ignoring it is worse than leaving money on the table; it is tantamount to attempting to run a marathon with your legs shackled. Although it may seem complex at first glance, you will have no trouble creating and executing a campaign with a bit of research and some dedication.