What Is Mobile Scaffolding?
You will encounter heights in every construction or renovation process. Therefore, it wouldn’t be so wise to transport construction material to build. Mobile scaffolding facilitates the workers and makes the building process easy by offering adjustable heights to climb on.
The workers can quickly load cement blocks and mortar up the platform and come down when they are done. The electric motors will take them up the platform at the required height to unload all the material. Aluminum towers can be attached to the scaffolding structure for quick movements to make the process more accessible.
How to Assemble Scaffolding?
With the instructions below, you will be able to erect scaffolding very quickly:
- Begin the assembly process by fixing the castors to the base plates.
- Link the vertical tubes present in the base frame to the horizontal brace.
- Connect the ends of the brace to the other base frame.
- Similarly, follow the same process for attaching the horizontal brace to the opposite end of the base frame.
- An X should form when you connect the braces diagonally to the opposite ends of the base frames. Do the same to the second brace.
- Now, level the base frame using six diagonal pieces. They should spread evenly every two meters.
- The next step involves the slide risers. Gather the base frame’s spigots. The diagonal braces will provide a pattern to level the working platform.
- Assemble the working platform.
- Now, place the horizontal platforms on the transom. Connect them with three runs but above the working platform. Repeat the same for the two rungs until the platforms are established. The result must mimic a square-shaped box with a triple handrail.
- Now repeat the previous two steps until a working platform is erected.
- Maintain a space of three transoms between the top platform and the working platform so the workers can stand up easily.
- Make sure the top platform is attached with two diagonals. We do not want the entire structure to fall apart.
- Affix the toe boards.
- Now, insert the ladder in the aluminum mobile scaffolding. It must pass through the trap door and attach to every level.
- Assuming the structure is coming off as more heightened, add support using ties to build an external wall.
- Always make sure the four wheels are attached securely.
- In the end, as the project supervisor, ensure every safety compliance is being adhered to. Install Hazard Reduction stickers, proper boards so everyone maintains a safe distance.
- Is it time to dismantle the scaffolding? Simply follow the steps in reverse, and you are there!
Employee Safety Guidelines
The employees are highly essential to the job. Therefore, their safety must be guaranteed with the following controls in place:
- Ensure to erect the scaffold at a level ground. Furthermore, the surface must be strong enough to withstand the weight of the scaffold, employees, and any construction material hoisted.
- Use a temporary railing when the workers need to access the mobile section of the tower.
- Erect the scaffold in a square shape that is leveled.
- The trick to successfully erecting a mobile scaffolding is aligning its vertical pieces and watching it come together automatically. Add support using the diagonal braces and cross braces. You can use a combination of horizontal braces with a diagonal basis for additional support.
- Remember to lock the castors and apply wheel brakes, so the scaffolding stays in place. You must also lock the swivel. You can purchase wheel locks separately for an added safety control.
- Pin and secure the scaffold legs and adjust the screws so the wheel stems stay in place.
- Ensure the horizontal platform does not exceed the length of the scaffold frame, as this may shift the balance and make the scaffold structure tumble over.
- Use screw jacks to level the scaffolding.
- As an employee supervisor, do not send the employees or crew members climbing the scaffolding when the wind exceeds seven meters per second. Assuming the wind is still exceeding its speed, tie the mobile scaffolding to a secure structure. If the weather continues to worsen, dismantle the scaffolding and store it safely in a shed.
- Before working in hail, snow, or rainfall, clear the platforms so they are not slippery. Assuming you are working at a location with frequent rainfalls, use aluminum mobile scaffolding. It will fold and unfold very quickly. You can use it and store it.
- Ask the employees not to lean against the mobile aluminium scaffold structure.
- Climb the scaffolding using the inside of the tower. Do not hold onto the braces for climbing as they are supportive of the main structure.
How to Move a Scaffolding?
The main reason for purchasing mobile scaffolding is because they can move around quickly. It eases the work operations and gets done a lot faster. Here is how to safely move it:
- Ensure the scaffolding structure is stabilized so it does not fall or collapse.
- Remember to loosen the brakes before moving the structure. Do not fight with it!
- Instead of leaning on the structure to move, use applied force to give you complete control for transporting it efficiently.
- Before moving the scaffolding, ensure the structure is not carrying any material. Also, ensure the employees are on the ground.
- Remember to make a general announcement before moving the scaffolding, so no employees are in the way.
- Do not let the structure’s height exceed over six meters, as that will increase the chances of tumbling or collapsing on itself.
Advantages of Using a Mobile Scaffolding
There are actually a lot of advantages of using a mobile scaffolding but these are the main reasons why a lot of people use this nowadays.
The first one is that it’s portable. You can easily transfer it as it has wheels or casters where you can simply push it or pull it.
The second one is that it’s safe and convenient. Compared to the more traditional scaffolding, it has railings at the top of the structure which reduces the chances of workers falling from the platforms.
The third one is that it’s spacious. There’s plenty of room to move for the workers which makes it easy for them to work freely.
And lastly, it’s lightweight and productive. The latest mobile scaffoldings are made from aluminum which is lightweight yet sturdy.
That’s why a lot of construction firms nowadays use mobile scaffolding as it offers many advantages compared to traditional scaffolding.
Purchase a Scaffolding Today
Whether it is an installation project, maintenance work, or simple access, aluminum mobile scaffolding is the way to streamline the operations, identify the problems, and finish the project on time. It focuses on providing safe working conditions, so the employees are not hesitant to work at different heights.