Physical activities are among the ways you can improve your overall physical and mental health. This is an ingrained lesson but not so many people will be willing to sacrifice their time to work out. Life as you know it has become busier and there’s little to no time to make it to the gym. But you know what, you don’t need to incur those expensive gym membership fees to enjoy a workout routine. Who said you cannot have your gym at home or use the freely available workout apps? There are all these ways that you can trust to provide you with healthy and safe ways to exercise at your convenience. That having been said, below are four surprising exercises that are so simple yet so effective.
1. Ballet Exercises
Ballet has always been every girls’ dream. Nothing is as pretty as seeing those coordinated swan moves. There’s something about ballet that makes every girl tick. But then again, there’s a part of the ballet that’s often overlooked. It’s the countless hours that dancers have to put in. The same applies when learning different dance moves.
To be a proficient ballet dancer, you not only need to put in the hours dancing but exercising is part and parcel of the package. You don’t need to be a ballet dancer to enjoy the awesome benefits of the exercises involved. However, you’ll need the right equipment to perform some of the movements. This guide on the best portable ballet barres from the gym enthusiasts at workouthq.org/ballet/best-portable-ballet-barres will provide you with all that it takes when choosing the best ballet exercise equipment. Most importantly, you’ll also want to ensure that you are getting the most out of your ballet workout routines. Below are the benefits of ballet exercises. They include:
- Increases strength – If you are into ballet or are looking to join any day soon, then it will interest you to know that ballet exercises aren’t your ordinary dance routines. There’s a lot that you can gain from it all. It will help to develop your strength just as exercising with smaller weights can do to your body.
- Promotes flexibility – If you’ve watched any ballet performances, then this is a no brainer. Ballet dancers are the next contortionist in town. Walking on your tippy-toes takes more than guts. You need to be fit and flexible enough to perform such moves.
- It helps to develop posture – Standing on your toes is no easy thing. It takes more than brute strength and a willing heart. Ballet exercises have been known to be more concentrated on improving a person’s posture.
- Improved body coordination – The stabilization movements involved in most if not all ballet workout routines are just out of this world. Ballet dancers are known to be well-posed and composed. You’ll never go wrong with having a ballet dancer as your date. They never disappoint!
2. HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) Exercises
Having a dedicated workout routine whether you have fitness goals or are just looking to lose some inches on the waistline, is good for your overall well being. If you are among the people who are crazy about working out hard, then high-intensity interval training exercise routines are for you. As the name suggests, HIIT is an intense workout routine. Such routines will allow you to burn more calories, boost your metabolic rate, gain lean muscle, and improve oxygen distribution in your system.
3. Weight Lifting
You don’t need to lift bulky weights to gain the benefits of weight lifting. All it takes is the energy, time, and an assortment of the right weight lifting equipment. Weightlifting is an effective way for people looking to build lean muscle mass. Not everyone is into weight lifting because it’s a more demanding workout routine. Nevertheless, you can expect to benefit from bench presses, dead weight lifting, and squats with weights.
Aerobic exercises include a variety of activities that help to condition your cardiovascular health. Such exercises will boost your oxygen intake and distribution. They’ll also help to boost your metabolism and allow you to burn more calories. The most common aerobic exercises include:
- Jumping ropes
Taking care of your physical, mental, and spiritual health is a clear path to good living. It doesn’t take much to tell a healthy person from an unhealthy one. Exercising will help improve your skin conditions, your bowels, your mental health, and generally, your overall health. You have every reason to take the above pointers seriously as they could help you lead a healthier lifestyle.