Amazon Music Unlimited, which competes with Spotify and Apple Music, is the music streaming service of Amazon. The HD version is no longer an add-on and is now part of the standard subscription.
In this post we have covered everything you might want to know regarding Amazon Music Unlimited and you will also get to know ‘how to cancel Amazon Music Subscription’. It also includes the cost, features, and how it works.
Amazon Music Unlimited: What is it?
There are two sorts of music streaming services: the first one being the internet radio-style services that play music for you depending on your interests, such as Pandora in the United States, and the other one is on-demand services, such as Apple Music or Spotify, that enable you to locate and play individual songs.
Amazon Music falls into the latter category, but it offers a number of unique features, including a variety of price choices, that set it apart from competitors.
It’s free for everyone, but consumers who already have an Amazon Prime subscription get a discount.
What is the cost of Amazon Music Unlimited?
Amazon Music Unlimited is accessible to Amazon Prime subscribers for £79/ year in the United Kingdom or $79/ year in the United States. Alternatively, a monthly fee of £7.99/$7.99 may be paid.
Amazon Music Unlimited: How to sign up?
You may first join up for a free trial of 30 days. It doesn’t matter if you are a Prime member or not.
After the trial period expires, you’ll need to sign up to the service using your Amazon credentials and give Amazon permission to charge your default credit card or another debit /credit card on file. Your membership automatically renews every month, but you can cancel at any time.
If you use Echo, just ask Alexa on your preferred Echo device to have your Amazon Music trial started.
Which devices work with Amazon Music Unlimited?
It is accessible with the Amazon Music app for iOS, PC, Mac, Android, and Fire, as well as the Amazon Music website. You may also view it via a web player on your computer and through the Echo devices of the company.
A Roku media streamer or a Sonos system may also be used to play music. Amazon has now made it possible to play music in certain automobiles like BMW, Mini and Ford.
In what countries is it available?
This Amazon service is available in Uruguay, Sweden, US, UK, Slovakia, Portugal, Peru, Panama, Netherlands, Malta, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Latvia, Iceland, Hungary, Greece, Finland, Estonia, El Salvador, Ecuador, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Costa Rica, Colombia, Chile, Bulgaria, Bolivia, Belgium, Japan, Austria, and Germany.
Cancelling Your Amazon Music Unlimited Subscription
Whether you’re nearing the end of your free trial or seeking to cut down on the amount of streaming services you’re enrolled to, cancelling your Amazon Music membership is a straight-forward procedure.
It may be done via a mobile or a desktop browser, the Amazon Music Unlimited app, iTunes on a PC, or the iPhone Settings application if you signed up with your Apple ID.
Here is how to cancel Amazon music subscription on any device using different methods.
Using a Desktop Browser
- Log in to your Amazon account by visiting the Amazon Website, if you haven’t already
- Hover over Account & Lists in the upper-right corner of the screen. Now select Memberships and Subscriptions via the drop-down menu.
- Now Click on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option which is next to Amazon Music.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in order to confirm your cancellation of the service. On this last page, you will be required to confirm your decision.
Using the Android App
- Open your Amazon Music application.
- Tap on the Settings icon, then choose Amazon Music Unlimited.
- Tap on Cancel Subscription in the Subscription Renewal section.
- Confirm your cancellation of Amazon Music by tapping on the ‘submit’ option.
Using iPhone or iPad
Despite the fact that the iOS Amazon Music app is almost identical to the Android version in terms of functionality, the iOS app does not allow you to cancel your Amazon Music subscriptions.
However, you may use a mobile browser to cancel your membership or go via Settings if you subscribed using your Apple ID or App Store.
Using your mobile browser
- Log in to your Amazon account by visiting the Amazon Website, if you haven’t already.
- Tap on the profile icon at the upper-right of your screen and then go to ‘Memberships and Subscriptions’.
- Tap on ‘Cancel Subscription’ that can be located under Amazon Music Unlimited.
- Follow the on screen instructions to confirm the cancellation.
- Open the Settings application in your phone and then tap on your name.
- Tap on Subscriptions.
- Next to Amazon Music, you will see the option of ‘Cancel Subscription’, tap on it and tap again to confirm your decision.
Using iTunes on Desktop
- On your PC or Mac, open iTunes
- Click on ‘Account’ and then go to ‘View My Account’
- Now you need to scroll down the Settings section and click on the ‘Manage’ button which is next to ‘Subscriptions’
- Next to Amazon Music, find the ‘Edit’ button and click on it. Now you have to click on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ button on the next page. Confirm your decision in the window that pops up.
Summing it Up
Apple Music and Spotify attract tons of attention, however, the streaming music services market is considerably wider than those commercial juggernauts. In comparison to other streaming services, Amazon Music Unlimited does not provide as many extras as some of its competitors do, such as live radio and videos, but it does provide access to over 75 million songs, high-quality audio, and a robust podcast library for a fair monthly fee. Amazon Music Unlimited is a wonderful all-arounder for streaming music, despite the fact that other services offer you with many extras.