The charts are dominated by hyper-casual games. They accounted for almost 80% of the most popular games in 2019, and at the beginning of 2020 this number only grew, and more than doubled. This category is taking the place of mobile games, with many developers putting in the effort to develop their own products.
What are hyper casual games?
Hyper casual games are characterized by radical simplicity, affordability, and fun. This is possible thanks to simple goals, small mechanics, basic controls, a repetitive process that allows you to start the game in a few seconds. The interest of users is due to the gradual aggravation of global tasks.
How they come up with ideas for these games
The beginning of any creativity is an idea. But creative ideas can be tricky. Formulated to create winning hyper-casual concepts. You need to use a universal theme, decide how to set up effective game mechanics, think over how you can involve users in the game. Now let’s take a look at these tactics in turn.
- We appeal to everyone. If you want the game to evoke themes and concepts that are accessible to everyone, you need to make the product as fundamental as possible.
- Introducing innovations. Many creators cannot keep their composure, strive to create a completely original product in terms of concept or game mechanics. It may be, but such a step is quite risky in terms of the approach to payment. Use a better proven formula, and then think about how you can improve some of the elements. You can create a very popular product if you customize something that already exists.
- Teamwork makes the dream come true. If you can, think about how the game can bring the team together. People are social beings. Therefore, games that are designed to enable people to connect allow a serious part of the psyche to be involved. Collaboration is the engine that drives the pleasure of humanity.
Do you have an idea? Take the basics out and start designing
How do you understand the design of hyper-casual games?
This is a simple category of games, but it has its own nuances. The section covers all the design basics, will maximize the user experience.
Many hyper-casual games do not have characters. If this is true, they hardly look like the fully realized characters who rule many games. The focus is on instant replay, so if you want to include a character – remember that he cannot be the core of the experience as it relates to the gameplay.
When it comes to aesthetics, the main principle here is simplicity. You want to make a striking product in all aspects. Want the design to reflect and enhance the gameplay, not distract from it. Then be ready to remove any elements that the user does not need to achieve the task at hand.
Mechanics are the essence of casual game design. The fundamental problem is the creation of any elements. Check out the list to find the best game mechanics.
- The gameplay of rise / fall will allow you to control vertical movements to overcome obstacles.
- Touch / Timing allows users to touch the display when they need to navigate the environment and perform specific tasks.
- The skill gameplay will require you to swing the screen in the right order.
- Combining gameplay requires the user to combine elements that have the same look, to avoid those that do not match, in order to achieve the goal.
- A complex process will require the user to stack objects on top of each other in order to achieve a goal.
- The developing person will demand to create gradually larger and larger objects using different elements.
- Rotation of gameplay loops to the sides with optimal timing, using touch or swipe.
- Rotation process is similar to rotation, but the user is required to hold the device with their finger during the process.
- The puzzle game will require you to solve the problem. A limited number of actions are given for this.
Kevuru Games is what you need. Our developers will provide you with professional assistance.